Motorcyclists injured in accidents caused by another person or entity's negligence often encounter a number of difficulties when seeking fair compensation for injuries and other losses. Fortunately, a knowledgeable and experienced Delaware personal injury attorney can help clients overcome common motorcycle accident case challenges, such as:
- Catastrophic injuries. Not much stands between motorcyclists and the road so, in the event of an accident, they tend to sustain devastating, life-changing injuries that require extensive and costly medical care and rehabilitation. Before reaching a settlement with an insurance company, it's crucial that the extent of the motorcyclist's injuries are fully known, as settlement agreements can't be changed once finalized.
- Uncollected evidence. After an accident, motorcyclists are often whisked away in an ambulance, due to the severity of their injuries. This can make it difficult for motorcycle crash victims to gather important evidence from the accident scene. However, motorcyclists can call the police and ask them to complete an accident report, and contact an attorney who can investigate and examine the scene for evidence.
- Disputed liability. It's not uncommon for the other party involved in the crash to claim that the motorcyclist was responsible for the accident and their own injuries. An attorney can use the collected evidence—as well as testimony from eyewitnesses and expert witnesses like accident reconstructionists—to prove that the rider wasn't at fault (or wasn't the only one at fault).
- Powerful insurance companies. Insurance adjusters work hard to pay accident victims as little as possible, regardless of the severity of their injuries. Having the representation of a skilled motorcycle accident attorney can help level the playing field and ensure that injured riders don't fall for insurance company tactics that could damage their case.
- Unfounded bias. Stereotypes about “lawless” motorcyclists can negatively influence members of law enforcement, insurance adjusters, judges, and jury members. Capable attorneys are trained to combat and overcome this bias, helping clients get the compensation they deserve.
Consult a Delaware Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident that wasn't your fault? The legal team with the Morris James Personal Injury Group can help you fight for compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and more. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our seasoned legal professionals.