Personal Injury Attorneys in Dover, Delaware
When you are the victim of a personal injury accident, it is important to know that your Dover, DE personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping you overcome all aspects of your case. Unfortunately, when you do not trust the experience or character of your lawyers, you cannot depend on them to fight for you. At least that is our belief at Morris James. The Dover team is uniquely prepared to successfully handle your case, no matter the cause of your injuries.
Cases our Dover Personal Injury Attorneys Accept
We have six offices located throughout Delaware for your convenience. Each one of our offices handles the same types of cases. Our team is well-versed in personal injury cases that result from:
- Wrongful Death: Cases where a third-party is legally liable for a death, intentionally or accidentally.
- Serious Injuries: Situations where the victim is left with lifelong, debilitating physical or emotional issues
- Truck Accidents: Accidents with trucks or other commercial vehicles, where the damages and injury are often much more severe.
- Car Accidents: Traffic accidents caused by intoxication, inattentive driving, reckless driving, or other negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Accidents involving one or more motorcycles.
- Slip And Fall Accidents: Often caused by lack of upkeep, such as icy sidewalks or uneven flooring.
- Product Liability Injuries: Caused by defective design, such as failure to include proper safeguards, or a lack of warning about potential side effects.
- Workers' Compensation: Accidents at work that may be caused by employer negligence or lack of training.
- Dog Bites / Animal Attacks: Injuries caused by an dog or animal attack.
Of course, it is impossible to list all the ways someone can be hurt. They may suffer brain, moderate or severe injuries. Our lawyers in Dover, Delaware are there for anyone who has been injured. If you are injured in a car accident or by a truck or your loved one dies unexpectedly, we can represent you at any of our offices, including the one in Dover.
Types of Damages You Man Receive Compensation for in Delaware
The state recognizes three types of damages you can collect when you have sustained a personal injury.
Economic damages cover the exact monetary figure for your medical bills and other economic losses related directly to your injury. For instance, if you were out of work while recovering from your injury, the lost wages would be calculated in economic damages. You would not be repaid for anything covered by insurance.
Non-economic damages are tougher to quantify. They cover the pain and suffering or mental anguish the client experiences related to the injury, such as post-traumatic stress disorder or depression. Factors such as preexisting injuries and economic impact of the injury are considered when awarding non-economic damages.
Punitive damages are awarded less frequently and serve as a punishment for when the person responsible for your injury acted out of malice.
How Our Dover Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
When you have been injured, you need time to focus on your recovery. Our attorneys allow you to heal while we get to work. We can do the heavy lifting, pursuing the information we need to build a case. We have worked with many medical and law enforcement personnel in Dover, and our connections in the community help the process go smoothly.
We leverage our connections to secure the information you need more quickly. Our team can engage in fact-finding and track down medical records to present in your case. We have the knowledge and experience to understand what is needed. Our lawyers also provide the emotional support you need during this challenging time.
Contact the Morris James Personal Injury Group in Dover Today
We have the top personal injury attorneys in Dover, and they want to represent you. Our track record of success, including case winnings and exceptional service, makes us the right choice for your case.
If you have been seriously injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or incompetence, do not waste time searching for the help you need. Come to visit our Dover office and see for yourself how our family can give your family the support and helping hand you need to get your life back in order.
Call us at (302) 678-4370, fill out a contact form or visit our Dover office today to see how we can help you. Do not let another minute slip through your fingers—reach out and let our team assist you.